feature requests

Large collection stolen in Vermont ... (Comic Book Forums)

• Large collection stolen in Vermont ...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 1:25:42 pm
  • A Bleeding Cool article is reporting that a large collection was stolen recently in Vermont. Dealers and collectors in the northeast should keep an eye out if they suspect someone selling a collection that resembles one in the article below. If so, please get in contact with the proper authorities. Here's the article - http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/25/jim-wheelocks-comics-collection-stolen-brattleboro-vermont/

P.S. - I wasn't sure where to post this here at CBR but I thought it needed to be posted somewhere as I came across the article while killing sometime online. Also, as collectors, we should look out for each other when stuff like this happens.
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 1:53:09 pm
  • Thanks for posting this. Hopefully the thief will be caught.

• Posted: January 27, 2015 4:26:44 pm
  • They have the thief. They don't have the comics. If the authorities didn't recover them at the "flea market" he may be looking at a lost cause. Very unfortunate. Here's to hopin' he gets his books back. Pray
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 6:42:25 pm
  • He lives in LA, but his comics were stored in Vermont. That's must be a real headache to deal with living on the other side of the US. I wonder why he didn't just have them shipped to a storage unit closer to home in LA.
  • Posted: January 29, 2015 10:18:29 am
  • That really sucks. I'd never think of comics as part of a retirement fund though. Might be worth investing in a safe.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 29, 2015 2:49:04 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    That really sucks. I'd never think of comics as part of a retirement fund though. Might be worth investing in a safe.

Maybe not generally thought as retirement, but could certainly augment income. After collecting for 50+ years I am certainly raising a little travel funds selling bits of my collection.

As far as a safe, maybe feasible for a small number of high value books. But probably too expensive for long boxes of thousands of comics. A better plan would be collector's insurance on them. Hopefully he had them insured, but he didn't mention that.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: February 5, 2015 4:59:08 am
  • Man, that sucks. I lost my whole collection to a house fire and am just now starting to collect again. To lose it because some Ahole stole it just makes it that much worse.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • JY's Canine Detective Chris Soft Cover # 2
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 30
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's King Spawn Issue # 32
  • Udon Entertainment's Street Fighter & Friends: 2017 Swimsuit Special Issue # 2017f