feature requests

DC Cancels 13 Ongoing Monthlies, Ends 3 Weeklies (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Cancels 13 Ongoing Monthlies, Ends 3 Weeklies

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 15, 2014 9:25:40 pm
  • As expected, The New 52: Futures’ End, Earth 2: World’s End and Batman Eternal will end their weekly runs, although Batman Eternal co-writer Scott Snyder previously revealed a second year of that weekly series in the works.

Here is the full list of thirteen New 52 monthly going series that apparently end in March:

Aquaman and the Others
    Infinity Man and the Forever People
    Klarion
    Secret Origins
    Star-Spangled War Stories Featuring G.I. Zombie
    Trinity of Sin
    Worlds’ Finest
    Arkham Manor
    Batwoman
    Green Lantern Corps
    Green Lantern: New Guardians
    Red Lanterns
    Swamp Thing

http://www.newsarama.com/23009-dc-cancels-13-ongoing-monthlies-ends-3-weeklies.html
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 17, 2014 3:29:48 pm
  • Well, I guess that saves me from getting too far behind in my reading again. Brick wall
  • Posted: December 20, 2014 5:21:32 pm
  • I'm sort of bummed to be losing Red Lanterns. I've been hoping it would get good again but since they killed off anything remotely interesting about that book I've been hoping it would end. Since the Red Lantern War ended I've only been buying it because I wanted to make sure I had a complete run.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: December 24, 2014 5:38:45 pm
  • there goes green lantern corps, and with it my collection's future value
  • Posted: January 11, 2015 12:11:59 am
  • Logical102 said:
    there goes green lantern corps, and with it my collection's future value

If you only cared about the value you can probably sell now and still get it. A lot of people don't pay attention to cancellations until it's done. I sold a lot of my new 52 runs once I determined 1) I didn't really like it anymore and 2) it was getting cancelled soon. Still got top dollar.

I'm surprised Batwoman lasted this long. If you take away the fantastic art in the initial arc and third arc, the book was pretty terrible.
  • Posted: January 11, 2015 3:17:06 am
  • But think about it, general the first few issues in a new run are worth the most thus that it why i only have the first 6 issues. I am no that old, so later on in life i will be able to sell them and get out of a tough situation. I mean in around 50 years.
  • Posted: January 11, 2015 5:59:11 pm
  • Logical102 said:
    But think about it, general the first few issues in a new run are worth the most thus that it why i only have the first 6 issues. I am no that old, so later on in life i will be able to sell them and get out of a tough situation. I mean in around 50 years.

Unfortunately comics are no longer an investment. You can turn profits short term but nothing huge, except of course the Walking Dead if you happened to get in on that early. But everything else you may get things like Saga #1 where it went for 90, but you're not going to pay for college.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2f
  • Allen Thomas's Infinite Uppercut Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46c