feature requests

Cover Wall (Comic Book Forums)

• Cover Wall

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 4, 2008 10:14:31 am
  • ComicBookRealm.com is currently the only known site that provides everyone with a wall of covers for their collection (there is also one for covers submitted and for each series).

All you need is to install the PicLens plugin for the browser of your choice (FireFox is ComicBookRealm.com recommended).

To see why...view the video below of my collection.

Last edited July 4, 2008 10:16:38 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 7, 2008 3:39:47 am
  • I use this plugin and can only recommend it. It is quite cool to see your collection like this and many other sites use it as well. I use it with Google Image search as well.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: July 7, 2008 9:10:42 pm
  • Wow, that's really a cool feature. Way to go DB.
  • Posted: July 9, 2008 12:27:30 am
  • i see the new addition in our profile....and cover wall view of all the covers we submitted....awesome idea to place the cover wall there as well.....and I noticed it seems to be much faster than it was on the old site
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: July 9, 2008 7:13:58 am
  • Everything is much faster as I signed a deal with the Devil. Twisted Evil

Actually the reason that the covers submitted is a little faster is because it is only pulling upto the first 2,000 covers.

This is for 2 reasons:

1. The software cannot handle too many (probably around 8,000 or so) before it "times out" - I have been working with them on it and they are aware of the situation, but likely will not be able to do anything about it.
    2. Is someone really going to troll through 13,000+ covers (in my case)? I could set it at 5k if needed.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 28, 2009 8:38:28 pm
  • Very cool feature! To bad it's not in numerical order (at least for me)
  • Posted: January 29, 2009 7:22:20 am
  • I could look at making that a setting, but personally I like random as I don't always want to see the same 2k covers when I load it.

Granted if you have less than 2k covers I can see where it would be nice to have everything ordered "correctly".

I will add this to my look into list.

• Posted: February 25, 2009 2:16:46 pm
  • Would it be possible to put a cover wall on the new releases report...?

• Posted: February 25, 2009 3:23:00 pm
  • Anything is possible...even with the right amount of money.

Twisted Evil

13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 37b
  • AC's Mechanical Dead Issue # 4
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 8
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 11